Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Book Club Tuesday October 27th

Hi all,

Just sending out a reminder that book club is in two weeks! We are reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I have heard rave reviews from Valesca, Tina, Rambo, and Rhonda and I am excited to start reading it! Valesca had suggested that we do a Southern food theme and I think that is a great idea, but what does everyone else think? If we decide to have a Southern food theme we can then organize who will make what :)

I also wanted to let you guys know of this website that I was recently introduced to. It is goodreads.com and it is a site where you log in all of the books that you have read, are reading, or want to read. You can rate the books from 1-5 stars and give your own reviews of them. You can also be friends with your friends (like Facebook) and get notified of what they are reading and if they liked it. So far I am liking the site :)

I think that is it for now. I hope to see most of you in two weeks!

-Heather

8 comments:

rhondeev said...

Count me in for corn bread. I can also take a crack at black eyed peas or something. Maybe fried chicken (which i have never made before). I am excited to make suggestions for our next book but will also look at this new website.
thanks Heather!
RHONDEEV

Unknown said...

I can bring a caramel cake.....I found a woman who makes a traditional Southern 7 layer caramel cake....mmmmm!

What date is book club btw?

Unknown said...

Oh wait I'm a retard, I missed the really big heading with the date in it..... :-D

Kelly said...

Hi y'all! Ok, so I haven't yet made it to Rhonda's book club -really looking forward to it - the book is So good so far, and I know Valesca is going to make a delicious caramel cake already (yummm!;) but I'd like to try to make some red velvet cupcakes too, keeping with the southern theme...never made them before so let's keep our fingers crossed that they're edible - hahaha!

Heather said...

Hi everyone!

Just a reminder that book club is next week on Tuesday October 27th! We are doing a Southern food theme for the night and this is what we have so far:

Valesca: 7 layer caramel cake
Kelly: Red Velvet cupcakes
Rhonda: Corn bread & black eyed peas (?)
Julie: something that is not a dessert
Heather & Christopher: Fried Chicken & Hush Puppies

I do NOT want anybody to bring some of Minny's pie that Hilly loved! The book was great and I am looking forward to talking about it!

-Heather

Unknown said...

Does anyone know how to make collard greens or fried green tomatoes? That would be good too.....

Anonymous said...

I don't cook so I have no idea what to bring. I can, however, supply us with a nice bottle of red wine. I know that's not southern but I'm not a fan of mint juleps. Is that ok? It's Lisa,by the way, I can't seem to sign in.

Heather said...

Hi all!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. We know that it has been awhile since many of you have seen Nathan so we are going to be bringing him at 6:30 and taking him home a little after 7. Just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to come a little earlier to see him.

-Heather